The 2nd Call for Proposals for the UL Innovation Fund is open
The deadline for applying to the UL Innovation Fund Call is 20 August 20 2021. It is intended for UL researchers who have a technology or solution for already identified challenges, but you are missing a step or two to bring it closer to realization.
The University of Ljubljana, including its members, invests considerable resources in the legal protection of intellectual property (especially patenting). However, because these technologies are at lower technology readiness levels, they may be less attractive to industrial partners. In order to facilitate the commercialization of technologies, the University has established the Innovation Fund. Both technological and non-technological projects can apply.
Funds will be allocated to selected projects through the Call which opens on 1 June 2021. More information about the Second Call for proposals and how to apply is available on the UL Innovation Fund webpage.
Which projects does the Innovation Fund target?
Knowledge transfer projects which lack any of the following steps needed to conclude a licensing/assignment contract, contract on joint development, or apply for a bigger tender to verify the concept:
- A feasibility study,
- Market research,
- A working prototype,
- Confirmed functioning of the technology in an industrial/clinical environment,
- Establishment of relations with relevant businesses.
Who can apply?
- Research projects, whose intellectual property is owned by the University of Ljubljana.
- If there are several owners, the technology shall be at least 50% (if there are two owners) or at least 30% (if there are three or more owners) owned by the University of Ljubljana.
- If the project involves University’s know-how, appropriate legal relations shall be entered into with the University of Ljubljana.
- An individual researcher may participate only with one project application.
- EUR 70,000
- Funds per project: EUR 5,000 to 25,000
How do I apply?
We advise everyone interested in the UL Innovation Fund to contact the Knowledge Transfer Office before applying.