ONLINE WORKSHOP: University-Industry cooperation from the industrial point of view
The aim of this hands-on training is to empower researchers and PhD students with a better understanding of the industrial mindset, industrial development processes and how to start conversations with the companies.
The Eutopia-Train Innovation team would like to invite you to a pilot “University-Industry cooperation from the industrial point of view” online workshop on 20th February 2023 (13:00-15:00 CET).
The outline of the programme:
The industrial point of view:
- The organisation of R&D and strategic orientation of the company Domel
- How a company decides on a new research project (and which data influences the decisions).
- Tips for researchers who want to work with companies.
The researcher’s / TTO point of view:
- How to talk to the company/partner: how much to say and when to reveal the right amount of information
- Where and how to network with companies.
- What to present them (and what not).
- Setting the limit between open conversation and NDA requirements.
These topics will be presented by:
- Mr. Janez Rihtarsic, PhD., Head of R&D at Domel Group.
About the company Domel: Domel is an innovative company, with more than a third of its annual turnover achieved on the sale of products developed in the last three years. The company cooperates with the development departments of many international companies, universities and institutes. Both Domel’s products and its technologies and tools are mostly the result of our own development and production activities, which are upgraded in cooperation with external partners.
- Prof. Andrej Kos, PhD.: Head of Laboratory for Telecommunications, Faculty of electrical engineering. President of the Innovation board at the University of Ljubljana. Researcher in IT/Digitalisation field.
- Katja Cergol, LLM, Knowledge Transfer Office, University of Ljubljana. In the Office she provides legal assistance in the protection and exploitation of intellectual property. By education, she is a lawyer with a state law exam and an exam for a representative for models and brands.
After registration you will receive a zoom link to the event.